Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Poop Troubles

It's always a troubling problem when one finds they are unable to poop. Certainly those of us here are no strangers to the mystical wonders of defecation, and along the same lines, we know the joys of the act itself. There's a certain delight in every bowel movement that cannot be denied. A je ne sais quoi.

So what, then, when we are deprived of this? I speak, certainly, of constipation. I have found myself in just such a situation. I have recently begun eating meat again--for the first time in four years. Just yesterday I ate my first burger in years, and now, I find I am unable to experience a meat poop. My woes and agonies are certainly to be understood. My laments fall not onto deaf ears.

Not all the fiber in the world, not all the ex-lax or cigarettes or coffee could make me pass the sadness that has solidified in my body. My rectum has become a place of empty dreams. I may never know the wonders that I should have known.

I miss you, burger poop.

And I also miss you, toilet paper.

May we all see brighter days--
~Squirrel Whisperer

1 comment: